Effective Aug. 12, 2022, face masks are optional at the Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine.
On Friday, Aug. 12, ICOM’s COVID-19 Task Force issued updated guidance that coincides with the COVID transmission rate in Ada County, recently categorized as “medium.”
In addition to the updated mask protocol, ICOM’s COVID-19 Task Force also issued the following caveats:
- Everyone should feel free to wear a mask if they have a medical need or personal desire to do so.
- Masks may still be required for close-contact training. Students and employees should continue to bring their masks to the OPP Lab, clinical skills, etc.
- Course directors may still request that masks be worn for some training and educational activities.
- If the community risk level goes back to “high,” ICOM may return to masking protocols.
- Individuals should remain off campus if sick or have symptoms concerning for COVID.
- Remain diligent with sanitization and personal hygiene.
COVID test kits remain available free of charge for students and employees in need. Questions or concerns from students should be directed to Liz Watson. Employees should contact Shannon Blackstock.